Monday, September 7, 2009

The little rascal at our house






Good thing she's so cute! Fiona has reached that inevitable phase that all parents know about. She is into everything and fond of making a mess! She likes to pull sandwich bags out of the kitchen drawers, spill office supplies all over the floor, and remove the books from their shelves.

She also has the most wonderful vocabulary. She reminds me of Buckwheat from the Little Rascals because she always says, "O-tay" instead of "Okay." Here is some more of my favorite Fio-ese:

Deet-dah--"Thank you," and also "Here you go, you should say thank you."
Deese--"These" which actually means Crispix cereal. It's because she was always reaching for it at breakfast (It's my favorite) and I would say, "Do you want these?"
Hap-up or Heb-up--Philip
Hannah--Fiona (She doesn't do the F sound very well)
Moo--This is what cows say and also toy giraffes, loudly during Sunday School
Nems--M & M's
Read it--It's a command and she won't take no for an answer as she backs into your lap
To eat--"I'm hungry and I need something to eat."
Ou pease--"Out please," which we taught her to say early on when she's done eating
Geckle--freckle
Buddy bun--belly button
Crocs on--I want my Crocs on
Piddy!--Pretty, which she says when we put hair clips in her hair, after which she pitter-patters over to the mirror to admire herself
Yeah, yeah, yeah--She says this while her head nods and she reaches out her hand and turns it. It means "I want that."
I love you-- Self-explanatory. My favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment