Mandy: Philip, please make your bed.
Philip: I'm not Philip. I'm Darth Vader.
Mandy: Okay, Darth Vader, make your bed.
Philip: But I'm a bad guy.
Mandy: Well (pointing to Miles) Anakin can help you. Wait, they're the same person. Luke Skywalker can help you.
Miles: But he's a good guy.
Mandy: You want to be a bad guy? Okay, Count Duko can help you.
Miles: (laughing) Mom, it's not Count Duko, it's Count Duku.
Mandy: Okay, Count Duku can help you.
Miles: I don't want to.
Mandy: Miles, you can help your brother make his bed or you can go to time out. Miles? Miles?
Miles: I'm still choosing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Hey the last part of the story sounds like are house. You can do this or time out. Long pause, Emma, Emma, and then the look and I am still thinking. I mean come on is time out that great that it would be better than helping or doing as asked?
ReplyDeleteThat is funny, it sounds like how things go around here sometimes. Elise is quite a pretender, and not too afraid of time out. Sometimes Chris resorts to the "I'm going to choose on of your toys to throw away, or you can do what I am asking" choice rather than the time out choice, because there is less thinking involved in that one. Kind of mean, but it works.
ReplyDeleteYeah, it would probably work on Miles. We tried it on Philip. We "threw away" a bunch of his toys and he didn't care and then we tried his SUPERMAN COSTUME and he said, "That's ok, I will just use a blanket for a cape." That was about 3 weeks ago and he's been telling people ever since that Dad threw away his Superman costume! I seem to be more upset about that disappearing than he does!
ReplyDeleteSorry about the fish...... Would you like to borrow my dog for comfort? Your Mommy thinks you are beautiful with/wihtout hair........ however, it is a bit disheartening to see her baby bald...again. Love to all my supermen and one super woman!
ReplyDeleteMom